MultiChoice Tanzania is a subsidiary of MultiChoice Africa, a leading entertainment company in Africa. MultiChoice Tanzania has been operating in Tanzania since 1997 and is committed to contributing to the sustainable development of the country.
In 2023, MultiChoice Tanzania was awarded five UN Global Compact Business SDG Awards for its work in supporting the following Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
- Quality Education (SDG 4): MultiChoice Tanzania’s MultiChoice Talent Factory program provides training and mentorship to young filmmakers in Tanzania.
- Decent Work and Economic Growth (SDG 8): MultiChoice Tanzania’s investments in the Tanzanian creative industry have created jobs and boosted the economy.
- Partnership for the Goals (SDG 17): MultiChoice Tanzania has partnered with a number of organizations to support maternal health, preterm babies, and vulnerable women.
MultiChoice Tanzania is a valuable partner in Tanzania’s development. Through its investments in the creative industry, education, and partnerships, MultiChoice Tanzania is helping to create a more sustainable and prosperous future for the country.
In addition to the SDG awards, MultiChoice Tanzania has also been recognized by the Tanzanian government for its contributions to the country. In 2022, MultiChoice Tanzania was awarded the President’s Award for Corporate Social Responsibility.
MultiChoice Tanzania is committed to continuing to contribute to the sustainable development of Tanzania. The company is working on a number of new initiatives, including:
- Expanding the MultiChoice Talent Factory program to reach more young filmmakers.
- Investing in new local content production.
- Partnering with more organizations to support social development.
MultiChoice Tanzania is confident that its work will help to create a better future for Tanzania.