It has often been debated as to which is better a mobile application you can download and install onto your smartphone or tablet device or the website version of the app.
For some people, the app is always the better option, whereas visiting the website is the better option for others. The question we are trying to answer here is, which are better, apps or websites? Take a closer look right here.
Which are better, apps or websites?
It often boils down to personal preference. However, there are advantages and disadvantages to both. Today’s business owners can get by without apps and simply rely on their websites to generate revenue.
However, many people today prefer using apps over websites, so the business could miss out on many customers if it doesn’t have an app.
For example, some people prefer to play their favourite online casino games in their web browser without having to download apps, and others prefer to play games and place sports bets from within the casino or sports betting sites mobile app.
Likewise, some people prefer to stream their favourite movies or television shows from the Netflix website, and others prefer to watch from within the Netflix app.
If you’re based in Tanzania and fancy playing online casino games or placing a wager on any upcoming football matches, one of the best websites for sports betting Tanzania has to offer today is the official 10Bet website.
If you’re looking for a movie and TV show streaming site other than Netflix, you may like to try Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Paramount+ or Disney+.
Depending on the type of goods or services a business sells can also determine whether an app or website would be the better business plan. For example, a website is sufficient for some businesses, so having an app may not be so important, but for others, having a mobile app is vitally important.
What are the advantages for businesses to have an app?
Let’s start by taking a quick look at some of the advantages of having an app (for both the business owner and the consumer). They include the following:
- Mobile applications tend to load much quicker than websites
- Today’s multi-functional apps are compatible with almost any modern Android, iOS or Windows smartphone and tablet devices
- With apps, you have a more personalised service than with websites
- Apps are recommended for regular use as opposed to the website option. For example, you can usually set/adjust personal preferences within the mobile app. The app can also securely store other important information for you
- Mobile apps are much safer than websites
- Apps enable the user to carry out certain tasks, work, and function offline, which is something that’s just not possible on websites. To do anything on a website, you must be connected to the internet
Some of the major disadvantages of having apps for both the business and consumer are the following:
- Although apps are compatible with most modern smartphone and tablet devices, certain apps may not be compatible with some handheld mobile devices, which can be a pain for some people. For example, apps that have been specifically designed for Windows devices may not work on Android devices, and so on
- One of the biggest disadvantages of an app is that it often needs updates and may end up with bugs and other technical issues/security breaches from time to time if updates aren’t applied. Customers don’t have to worry about updates when visiting a businesses website
More pros and cons of apps and websites
For some people, the mobile app is the far more convenient option. Users don’t need to visit a website to find what they’re looking for when they have an app.
They can find what they’re looking for without going online with just a few simple taps or clicks.
Mobile apps offer a much better and, as mentioned, more personalised user experience compared to websites.
However, when visiting a website, there’s no need to download or install any programs/apps from the internet. A lot of people don’t like downloading apps onto their smartphones, plus websites tend to have a much broader reach.
As you can see, the business owner and the consumer have several advantages and disadvantages. When you next visit a website with an app, perhaps try both options to see which you prefer the most.
You may find that you prefer using the app for some businesses and the website for others. In short, there is no right or wrong answer with regard to which is better, apps or websites.